Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

Gone Again

Time to roll again. I seem to wind up writing this after the phone rings to go to work in the wee hours of the night. Maybe it's just quieter or I'm really just stalling the inevitable of having to leave on another trip. This is the week where I miss pretty much the whole weekend because of the crew rotation so I won't see home until sometime Sunday. It makes the days just run together when there's no real break between trips. It's the reality of the job and like the rest of the insanity that goes with it sometimes, you have to deal with it if you draw the pay but it doesn't mean you have to like it.
...and I don't.

I think I said once before that it seemed wrong to have to choose between getting fully healed up after an illness and having an income...well it's pretty much the same when you have to choose between having any real time at home and making a living. I hope the guys who took away our days off are working this weekend...I am.

No comments: