Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's Been Such A Long Time...

So says Boston from way back when. Yes troops, I know it's been a long time since I tapped out anything on the 'Home' but life intrudes so much into your time for this kind of thing. Between the ridiculous hours at work and the medical issues and the to-do list and the...well, you get the picture.
Basically, I don't have a lot of patience lately for much other than the essentials of pushing through another day anyway. We've been doing battle with the medical profession and the cutthroat insurance industry for about 3 weeks and it's worn me down about as far as I want to go. I've never seen anything like this. Everybody has a waiting list or doesn't accept my 'Cadillac' insurance policy. What the hell am I paying for? I've never been more frustrated. Seems like there's times when everything piles up at once and it just feels like you can't do one more thing on top of what's already on the plate. But then you do and then something else collapses and you're off and running to handle it. Even something as simple as typing a blog entry seems like a major undertaking all of a sudden.
...and then the phone rings to go to work...NOW. My train is about 6 hours late getting here so I got to sleep most of the night for a change. Maybe we won't spend 24 hours in the hotel this time since we're leaving in daylight. I figured it would be a late call when I checked the lineup last night so I stayed up a little longer planning on some extra zzz's. Good idea except for the RR waking me up at 4:30 this morning to ask if I wanted to work a job in New Jersey (where I've never been, am not qualified, in a yard I couldn't even find) on a day when the snow is a foot deep and it'd take me till next Friday to get to. I can't get them to stop doing that no matter how many times I tell them I'm not qualified on New Jersey Transit's railroad and so can't go there even if I wanted to, no matter how many times they call me. So much for that "get proper rest" thing they're always preaching. The one time I could sleep in, they wake me up anyway. It's one more irritation they provide along with all the other petty nonsense that goes with the job. I have to put up with it but there's days when it just about pushes me over the edge.
In the meantime, I better close up shop and get my stuff together. It's still snowing pretty steady and supposed to keep on most of the day. It'll be a long commute with all the fair-weather drivers out there this morning so I better hit the road early. It takes almost an hour on a good day so I gotta roll.

No comments: