Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

DST etc.

Another week just went sailing by and I'm not sure where I lost it. I know we lost an hour to Daylight Savings Time last night but seven days seems like a lot to just disappear.

At least it's starting to look something like spring. It's raining steadily so the dogs brought most of the yard in the kitchen with them in the form of mud this morning, I hung up my heavy coat, stashed my ice cleats in my locker, ran a train without the heat on full blast and actually had a window open by the back door a couple days ago. There's hope.

Now that it's been raining for awhile, I've got to start thinking about getting the Harley going. Once the salt washes off the blacktop, it's time to roll the old SuperGlide out of it's winter parking space in the breakfast nook and fire it up. I spend many of my off hours pedaling bikes these days but the Hog is still my old friend. We don't spend as much time together as we used to but sometimes old friends are like that. That scooter and I go back a long ways...before Chris and I were even married. Seems like another life way back when it was fire-engine red, you could still get leaded premium and the odometer hadn't rolled all the way around. It's black now, a little weary and rust is peeking through the chrome but then...I'm not as shiny and new as I used to be either. I guess we're both aging a little less than gracefully.

It'll be good to get back outside more no matter what I'm doing. I hate being a houseplant for the winter months. I've never been much of one for winter sports so when fall closes in, I just kind of disappear except to venture out to go to work. I'd make a terrible downhill skier since I'd just whine about the cold ride to the top of the hill and hang out in the lodge wasting my lift ticket. I've been known to take winter walks but I'm usually bundled up like Nanook of the North and most times it just doesn't seem worth it. Like I said...it's got to get better as the days get longer and the sun gets brighter.

No comments: