Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

When...

There was a time when we were so much younger.  As happens to us all, time passes and things change as things do.  This is as it should be and must be as long as we're here.  But sometimes you look back when and see something wonderful and fine that might have changed a little more than you thought somewhere along the way.  Maybe for the better...maybe not so much.  It's hard to tell from this end of the kaleidoscope.  The colors look different from the long end of the lens and perhaps a bit faded; but the pictures are still there to remind you and make you wonder.

I've carried this one in my wallet for over 25 years and I'm suprised it would even come out of the plastic sleeve without falling apart. There's not much left but I can still see the faces and the eyes through the wear and tear.  I've seen it a million times through half a life but it still tells me a story.  A lot of stories.  Of different times and places but the same two people I know today.  So much younger then but already on the way to where we are now.  So very young back When...


Traveling already when that was taken and not knowing where we'd go.  Somehow, someway, we're still traveling.  There's a lot less road out front than there used to be and how we go about getting to the end of it is hard to tell.  

But those two in the faded leather jackets are still here.  Still here after everything we've seen, done and been.    The scratchy old photo in my pocket reminds me.  We've covered a long, long way from those years ago.

A long way from When...

2 comments:

Wingnut said...

I have that same picture in my wallet! The only problem is I can't find the wallet ;)

Tim Joe Comstock said...

A handsome couple indeed. You seem to have done it right, my friend. Congratulations. TJ