Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday Between Trips

As expected, going back to work was a shock to the old system to say the least. That first trip was a little tougher than I expected. I wound up thinking that maybe I should have stayed off just a couple days more but not having a paycheck for three weeks sort of made the decision for me. The Doc told me a couple weeks after surgery was about the minimum for us blue-collar types but nothing would come loose or fall out if I went back so I took the fourteen days and ran with it.


Maybe it's just me but it seems like something might be wrong when you have to pick between getting fully healed up and having an income when you work for a major corporation worth billions (with a B) of dollars but I guess that's pretty much standard procedure these days. The insurance company determines when you get out of the hospital instead of the doctors and off you go. I'm pretty sure that whole subject will lead me to another post one of these days but not right now.

For today, it's just pack and get ready for another 'round trip and watch the weather turn to cold. Winter's coming on fast this year...we hit the first snow already and the leaves aren't even off yet. I'm not ready but then, I never am.

No comments: